Original release date: October 16, 2018
October is National Cybersecurity Awareness Month, an annual campaign to raise awareness about cybersecurity. Creating a culture of cybersecurity is critical for all organizations—large and small businesses, academic institutions, non-profits, and government agencies—and is a responsibility shared among all employees. The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) has published resources, including standards, guidelines, and best practices, to help organizations of all sizes to strengthen their cyber resilience.
NCCIC encourages organizations and employees to review the following resources:
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework,
- DHS Stop.Think.Connect. Toolkit,
- National Cyber Security Alliance workplace tips,
- NCCIC Home and Business Networks page, and
- NCCIC Resources for Small and Midsize Businesses.